The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Talent Deployment & Career Management of the Human Resources Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 4 months starting as soon as possible.
The selected candidate will be assisting the WFP Talent Deployment & Career Management with the following key duties:
- In close collaboration with a team of developers, you will responsible for the design of talent management tools and interfaces for users;
- Carry out tests of new functionalities and propose creative solutions for current challenges;
- Work with other colleagues in the team in order to conceptualize innovative website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Computer Sciences, Web Design or related studies;
- Fluent in English;
- Working knowledge of the different stages of Software Development Life Cycle;
- Proficiency in HTML, PHP, JQuery, Java Script and CSS;
- Working knowledge of MVC Code Igniter PHP Framework;
- Working knowledge of MySQL Databases;
- Proficiency in Web Graphic User Interface (GUI) design and development;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat);
- Eye for clean and artful web design;
- Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different national and cultural backgrounds;
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. The current amount for Rome is around US$600.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
30 April 2017