This position is primarily intended to provide the Intern with the opportunity to undertake a work experience related to university studies or to possible future careers.
Secondly, it is meant to provide real assistance to the Public Information Team at the UNHCR Regional Office in Rome, Italy.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Daily press review (in electronic version) through online press agencies and national and international newspapers, together with its electronic storage
- Research of content for social media (on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube), scheduling of content via Facebook and Hootsuite
- Update of institutional website
- Constant monitoring of news agencies
- Collaboration in the development and management of multimedia content
- Research and information gathering
- Translations from English into Italian
- Support in the development and implementation of projects or events
- The Intern will be trained and supported in his/her work
Qualifications and skills required:
- University studies preferably in Communication or related areas
- Previous relevant working experience is an asset
- Ability to use Internet Explorer and Web browsing
- Familiarity with social media such as Twitter, YouTube and Facebook
- Excellent knowledge and practice in the use of MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work autonomously
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of Italian
Internship starting date:
Please note that:
- There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. Interns shall not be eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, positions in UNHCR during the period of internship and for a period of six months following the end of their internship. Interns may be hired as individual contractors without a break in service, provided they have the required qualifications and professional experience.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNHCR. Costs and arrangements for travel including travel arrangements to and from the location where the internship will be carried out, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns or their sponsoring institutions.
Deadline for application:
10 August 2016
How to Apply (please read carefully):
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter, both in English, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please quote “PI Internship” in the email subject line.
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
At present there is no automatic reply to acknowledge receipt of applications.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview