Activities will include:
- Work with the Business Development Office team and Telethon inventors during all phases of the patenting process, with the task of: identifying new inventions, evaluating findings and technologies through analysis of patentability over the state of the art and freedom to operate analyses, assisting in assembly supporting data and documentation; assisting in drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications;
- Manage inventorship and ownership issues;
- Serve as a liaison between Inventors and outside patent counsel for drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications, review correspondence with patent counsel and take appropriate actions as required;
- Assist with drafting of inter-institutional agreements, Non Disclosure Agreements and Material Transfer Agreements;
- Maintain and organize patent case files and monitor patent prosecution and renewal terms.
Applicants should have:
- master degree in one of the following disciplines: biology, biomedical sciences, biotechnology or medicine; a PhD degree and experience of laboratory research is relevant;
- experience in handling intellectual property matters and management of patent portfolio;
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English.