Position: Log Base/Fleet manager
Job family: Logistics and Supply
Closing application: 13/02/2017
Start of the contract: 06/03/2017
Duration of the contract: 6 months
Type of contract: Fixed term work contract (CCNL ANPAS)
Referent: Deputy Logistics / Supply Coordinator
All interested candidates can submit their application, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter, as well as authorization to process personal data (d.lgs 196/2003) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 13th February 2017. In the email title, must be clearly specified the position of interest. According to urgent need to fill the position, doctors without borders – mission Italia therefore reserves the capacity to close the position earlier.
Carrying out all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions. Once Prudence vessel is on port, take care of the logistic need under request of the Log team off shore
- Insure all logistics related activities in the project area including all non-medical assistance related activities (shelter, food, water hygiene-sanitation and essential non-food items)
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the implementation of logistics/technical activities in On Shore Project (transport, equipment/installation and infrastructures, communications, etc.) ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the on-going programmes:
– Ensure good functioning of vehicle;
– Organise transport of goods;
– Guarantee means of communication;
– Implement all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, Augusta port zone access
authorisation for goods and vehicles, etc.).
- Ensure a proper functioning of the storage containers (logistic, therapeutic food and medical)
- Ensure technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project, On Shore and Off Shore and provide technical support to logistics Off Shore, so on the Prudence boat;
- Ensures all staff in the Project is properly briefed about use of IT and communication tools (computers, Internet, handsets, VHF, etc.);
- Ensure installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities for international staff in adequate living conditions;
- Ensure a systematic presence in all the Italian ports where the PRUDENCE is doing landing operations, and/or technical stop, in order to:
– Facilitate the relationship between MSF/PRUDENCE and local costumer
– Insure a proper supply/delivery of goods of the PRUDENCE for MSF Off Shore operations.
– Provide logistic support to MSF logistic department aboard.
- Help in collaboration with the MSF logistician aboard the regular/extraordinary maintenance interventions on the medical complex and holding area.
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics is an asset.
- Essential previous experience with MSF.
- Essential previous experience of at least two years required in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- MSF Log experience (knowledge of MSF Logistic tools, as LogisticX 7) is an asset
- Familiar with vassel/boat is an asset
Italian and English
Computer literacy, LogistiX 7.
- Good in Planning and organization
- Very Good stress management
- Ability to work in a group
- Ability to work in a multicultural context
To support the project a sub coordination will be based in Sicily.