INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
- Terms of Reference:
Starting date: 22/05/2017
Duty station: Rome, Italy
Duration of contract: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
Reporting to: Human Resources Director
2. Purpose of the Job:
In close collaboration with the Director of Human Resources and colleagues in the Human Resources Department, the Senior Recruiter Officer is in charge of Personnel recruitment for INTERSOS missions and HQ, following the organisation internal recruitment process.
3. Tasks and responsibilities:
- Works on recruiting planning, creates vacancies and leads the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position. Recruits staffs shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Follows all the steps of recruitment process, checks application references;
- Researches and propose new channels to target suitable candidates and analysing the local market to improve the efficiency of the recruitment process;
- Maintains the communication with the recruiters web sites managers and the other channels as Universities, Masters, etc;
- Studies the CVs for future needs and analyses the applicants to profile suitable candidates for the different posts;
- Provides regular reports on recruitment and selection activities;
- Recruits Internships. Coordinates tutoring/placement plans through the improvement of the network with Universities, Associations and Institutional Partners;
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings, Programme updates and annual office-wide debates to participate in information sharing across all departments;
- Participates to HR department initiatives such as the recruitment days;
- Manages filing systems and archives, making improvements and ensuring privacy of personnel records;
- Contributes to the quality and the efficiency of the department with proactive attitude.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience plus a University degree in Training and Human Resources Management or related field
- Work experience in a no-profit or NGO
- Field experience in missions
- Excellent English and French
- Mature, polite and analytical
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Empathy and enthusiasm, excellent team working skills
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks and in demanding working conditions that often have short deadlines
- Identification with INTERSOS values and principles
- IT advanced knowledge (Office package, Data Base system)
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed resume in English and a motivation letter to email@example.com, specifying in the subject “Senior Recruiter Officer”.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.