The main purpose of this position is to offer Interns an opportunity to gain a hands-on experience within their field of study or their career perspective, along with providing a valuable support to the office section. The activity will consist in providing assistance for the production of monthly e-newsletter, for the creation of a thematic monthly content package and for the organization of internal meetings as well as conducting researches, providing support for
the organization of events and providing administrative support
Candidates must possess a degree in Communication, Political Science, International Relations or related fields, and have a sound interest in Communication for fundraising. Ability to work independently, initiative and flexibility are also required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the production of a monthly e-newsletter, highlighting the most compelling UNHCR content for the Individual Giving and Leadership Giving donors.
- Assisting with the creation of an engaging thematic monthly communications content package for the Individual Giving Team.
- Coordinating regular team and content planning meetings (agenda and minutes)
- Researching the latest statistics, messaging and refugee stories for the web and other communication activities.
- Responding to content requests from the Individual Giving and Leadership Giving Teams.
- Providing administrative support to the Fundraising Communications team.
- Supporting PSP events, campaigns and/or specific projects, e.g. workshops and external events.
- Any other tasks as needed
The Intern will receive training and support in assigned tasks.
- Good communications skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good research skills
- Proficiency in Italian
- Fluency in English (advanced writing and editing skills)
- Good knowledge of digital media, content management systems or other web based applications
Internship tentative start date:
16 August 2016
three to six months
There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. Interns are not eligible to apply for positions as UNHCR staff or consultants during the internship and for a period of six months following the end of their internship. Interns may be hired as UNHCR or UNOPS Individual Contractors without a break in service, provided they have the required qualifications and professional experience.
Internships are not remunerated. Only a reimbursement for monthly subscription to public transportation costs is provided. Any other expenses shall be borne by Interns or their sponsoring institutions.
Deadline for applications:
2 August 2016
How to apply – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
To apply for this position, please download the Personal History Form (P11) at: www.unhcr.org/recruit/P11_UNHCR.doc. Complete the P11 in English and send it, along with a motivation letter also in English, by email to: PSFRvacancies@unhcr.org
Please quote “Internship PSP Unit” in the subject line.
Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into account.