The primary purpose of the Private Sector Partnership service (PSP) unit within UNHCR Italy is to generate income from individual donors, corporate and foundations, in order to sustain UNHCR activities worldwide. In this framework, the Leadership Giving Unit raises funds from corporations, foundations, major donors and legacy givers.
The main purpose of this position is to offer Interns an opportunity to gain a hands-on experience within their field of study or their career perspective, along with providing a valuable support to the office section.
The activity will consist in providing support to the Unit’s members (seven staff) in tasks related to information research and systematisation, information recording, events organisation. The Intern’s task will be mainly related to the activities implemented by the Unit in the framework of major donor and legacy fundraising.
Candidates must be enrolled in, or having completed a University Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Economics, International Relations. Proven familiarity with the refugee cause will be an asset.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake desk research upon inputs provided by the fundraisers in fields such as sociology, demography and economics, to help with the planning and development of new leadership giving fundraising activities/programs/products.
- Assist in processing and registering information collected by fundraisers on prospects and/or donors
- Support the Research&Support staff of the Unit with written translations (English/Italian and vice versa), presentations and proposal preparations.
- Assist in tasks related to the organisation of high profile events
The Intern will receive training and support in assigned tasks. She/he will be supervised by the Senior Fundraiser (HNWIs&Legacy).
- English proficiency
- Excellent knowledge of Office package
- Ability in online desk research
- Strong interest in the refugee cause and personal motivation
- Open mindedness
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Good communication skills and easiness at team working
Internship start date:
tentatively 1 September 2016
3 to 6 months
There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. Interns are not eligible to apply for positions as UNHCR staff or consultants during the internship and for a period of six months following the end of their internship. Interns may be hired as UNHCR or UNOPS Individual Contractors without a break in service, provided they have the required qualifications and professional experience.
Internships are not remunerated. Only a reimbursement for monthly subscription to public transportation costs is provided. Any other expenses shall be borne by Interns or their sponsoring institutions.
Deadline for applications:
7 August 2016
How to apply – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
To apply for this position, please download the Personal History Form (P11) at: www.unhcr.org/recruit/P11_UNHCR.doc Complete the P11 in English and send it, along with a motivation letter also in English, by email to: PSFRvacancies@unhcr.org
Please quote “Internship PSP Unit – Leadership Giving” in the subject line.
Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into account.