The primary purpose of the Private Sector Partnership service (PSP) unit within UNHCR Italy is to generate income from individual donors, corporate and foundations, in order to sustain UNHCR activities worldwide. In this framework the optimization of data management processes has become crucial within PSFR Support team.
The main purpose of this position is to offer Interns an opportunity to gain a hands-on experience within their field of study or their career perspective, along with providing a valuable support to the office section. The activity will consist in providing assistance for the data entry in the main donor database through semiautomatic procedures, providing support for the data management procedures related to data collection, data quality and data enrichment.
Candidates must have completed secondary education. Degree in Statistics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology is an asset. Ability to work independently, initiative and flexibility are also required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Support data entry of fundraising activities’ outcomes (income and costs), updating information on existing and new donors
- Assist in collecting and processing data to be entered into the donor database, performing data quality and consistency control and running cleansing semiautomatic procedures
- Analyse data entry procedures and collaborate to develop and keep updated documentation, such as user’s handbook and operating instructions
- Support the testing of new CRM functionalities
- Combine data from different systems when information is incomplete
- Purge files to eliminate duplication of data
- Provide reports and analysis upon request
- Support the setup of new data management procedures and functionalities
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration
- Perform other related duties as required
- Work in close collaboration with PSP Donor Service
The Intern will receive training and support in assigned tasks.
Technical and personal skills:
- Self motivation and attention to details
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy
- Ability to learn a process and repeat it accurately with little guidance
- Time Management (ability to multitask and meet priorities under approaching deadlines)
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Good communications and problem solving skills
- Good Technological Awareness
- Good knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Access, SQL and Web Based applications is an asset
Internship start date:
tentatively 22 August 2016
3 to 6 months
There is no expectation of employment at the end of the internship. Interns are not eligible to apply for positions as UNHCR staff or consultants during the internship and for a period of six months following the end of their internship. Interns may be hired as UNHCR or UNOPS Individual Contractors without a break in service, provided they have the required qualifications and professional experience.
Internships are not remunerated. Only a reimbursement for monthly subscription to public transportation costs is provided. Any other expenses shall be borne by Interns or their sponsoring institutions.
Deadline for applications:
4 August 2016
How to apply – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
To apply for this position, please download the Personal History Form (P11) at: www.unhcr.org/recruit/P11_UNHCR.doc Complete the P11 in English and send it, along with a motivation letter also in English, by email to: PSFRvacancies@unhcr.org
Please quote “Internship PSP Unit – Data Base” in the subject line.
Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into account.