|Medical Coordinator Assistant
|Place of work:
|Start of the contract: Duration of the contract:
Type of contract:
Fixed term work contract (CCNL ANPAS)
All interested candidates can submit their application, including curriculum vitae, motivation letter, as well as authorization to process personal data (d.lgs 196/2003) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 17th March 2017. In the email title, must be clearly specified the position of interest. According to urgent need to fill the position, doctors without borders – mission Italia therefore reserves the capacity to close the position earlier.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has started its activities in Italy in 1999 when realized that the same persons cured and assisted in countries at thousands of kilometers of distance were the same encountered in precarious conditions and needs once in Italy. The activities developed during these last years have aimed to give medical and psychological assistance to migrant people, even undocumented, present in Italy.
Curently MSF Italy Mission implements different projects:
- In Rome, is active a rehabilitation center for victims of torture (VOT);
- In Catania, MSF is opening a post-acute care center for migrants;
- In the Mediterranean sea, search and rescue operations (SAR);
- In Trapani, psycho social support and transcultural psychotherapy for asylum seekers;
- In Italy, psychological first aid (PFA) for traumatic boat landings;
- In Como-Ventimiglia psycological first aid support and reproductive health screening to migrants on movement.
Assist and support the Medical Coordinator in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the missions, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities, in order to facilitate the proper medical management of the projects and medical follow-up of the staff in the mission.
- Participate actively in reflections and discussions on the evolution of MSF programs in the mission, contributing with his/her background and experience to the improvement of overall performance, adapting it to the changing reality and context.
- Participates in the collection of medical information (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) and data (epidemiological data, statistics, etc.).
- Support projects’ development by answering medical questions from the field, participating in briefings and debriefings of medical staff and replacing temporarily a member of the field team when necessary, in order to keep a smooth functioning of the projects.
- In support of the medical coordinator, represent MSF in meetings or with different stakeholders. Assist the MedCo in the stakeholder mapping (organigram of MoH, etc.)
- Carry out medical follow-up of all MSF national and international staff in application of MSF staff health policies, supervising together with the administrator the medical expenses associated, in order to protect personnel’s health state while keeping close control to the resources required.
- Carry-out administrative (inventory and management of the medical operational library, archiving of data and medical reports, etc.), information gathering and data collection tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
On the request of the Medical Coordinator, carries out extra tasks (one-off reinforcement for a field team, participation in an medical assessment, and project evaluation, etc.).
Medicine or paramedical degree essential. Specialization in public health, desirable.
• Essential working experience in developing countries.
• Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
Italian and English essential
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, ERP and internet)
• Stress Management.