Metadonors, in qualità di In-country manager per l’Italia, supporta Care2 nella ricerca del personale dedicato.
La fase di recruiting avverrà in lingua inglese. La scrittura delle petizioni e il lavoro quotidiano saranno in lingua italiana in collaborazione con lo staff di Care2 Italia.
Care2 is the world’s largest social media site for good, a community of nearly 40 million members engaging with petitions, pledges and stories that inspire action. We help people start petitions and support each other’s campaigns, to create extraordinary global impact. Care2 is adding one million new members every month and our expert staff provides crucial support and promotion helping petition authors channel their passion, make headlines and win campaigns.
We are seeking passionate, creative, and savvy digital activists who can inspire others to take action on important causes through our powerful advocacy platform, ThePetitionSite.com.
As part of the Care2 Citizen Action Team, you can make a difference and gain real- world experience in digital organizing and advocacy communications.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer who is tuned into global and local news (in their country of residence) and is constantly on the lookout for issues that will result in viral, winnable campaigns. The candidate must also be a savvy researcher, especially when it comes to finding more background information on the petition topic and locating contact information for petition targets.
As a Citizen Action Team writer, you will…
– Help define the hottest issues of the day with petitions on the topics you are passionate about;
– Develop an online organizing portfolio with support from top digital professionals; – Create meaningful change on important issues; and
– Work flexible hours from the comfort of anywhere.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
– Independently monitoring news sources for progressive social change opportunities and pitching petition ideas for posting on the ThePetitionSite.com
– Researching issues to develop petitions with meaningful calls to action and strong theories of change.
– Writing concise and compelling petitions on local or global causes that you (and our nearly 40 million progressive members) care about, including: animal welfare,
protecting the environment and wildlife, international affairs, economic inequality, LGBTQI issues, women’s issues, human rights, corporate accountability, education, health, politics, and more.
– Light image editing for graphics used in your petitions
– Creativity, passion, tenacity, and a desire to make a difference.
– Ability to write awesome headlines and powerful stories about the issues you care about.
– Self-discipline and the ability to work independently. – Photo editing and graphics skills are a plus.
– Advocacy, political affairs, digital marketing, or public relations education or experience are a plus.
Compensation is per petition. The fastest-growing petitions will be promoted to engaged members within Care2’s community and across our social media channels. Especially compelling petitions may be pitched to the media with author involvement.
This is a freelance position. You can set your hours and work from home.
Interested? Here are the next steps:
To be considered for this team, please send the following to
1) A resume and brief cover letter (200-500 words)
2) An existing writing sample demonstrating your persuasive writing skills (english and italian language)
3) Text for a petition you’d like to start (or better yet, start one on ThePetitionSite.com, and send us the link!). Petition images should be 700×350 pixels in size.
The final date for submitting applications is 31 March 2017
Care2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
People of all races, gender-identifications, faiths, and socio-economic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Help us build a broader, more inclusive movement for the issues you and your communities care about.